- In 2001, Pirelli acquired a share in Telecom Italia S.p.A. through Olympia and became the reference shareholder until 2007.
- In 2005, Pirelli sold its “Cavi e Sistemi Energia e Telecomunicazioni” business (Cables and Energy Systems and Telecommunications) to Goldman Sachs.
- In 2010, Pirelli completed its transformation into a “pure tyre company”, through the dismissal of the Pirelli Broadband Solutions business and the split from the Group of Pirelli & C. Real Estate.
- In 2014, Pirelli sold its steelcord business to Bekaert.
- In 2017 Pirelli completed its transformation into a “pure High Value consumer tyre company”, through the spin-off of the industrial business.
- In 2017 Pirelli sold its stake in Prelios
- In 2018 Pirelli sold its stake in Mediobanca
To learn more about Pirelli's history, click here.